#3 April-June 2018, funded by NED
The goal of the Code for All’s Exchange Programme is to provide a structured opportunity for member organisations to redeploy or co-create tech toolsamong Code for All (CfAll) partners, as well as to promote collaboration on specific projects.
Level of Support
We are going to fund the development of IT tools as a cross-partner collaboration effort with a grant of USD 5,500 including taxes. To receive the funding, applicant will be asked to provide an invoice.
Proposal Requirements for #3
- Proposals need to involve at least 2 parties, affiliated with Code for All member organisations, as a way to strengthen the Code for All network.
- Proposals should be for a co-creation or redeployment project, that results in a tangible service or tool or artifact. The outputs should be ‘open’, to facilitate re-use by the rest of the Code for All community.
- Code for All support programmes are meant to amplify work by its member organisations, and are meant to based on a “self-help” ethos. Applicants therefore need to demonstrate that they are providing meaningful matching funding / resources towards the project.
- Proposals need to include robust and accessible user documentation, to facilitate re-use or knowledge sharing, so that the project serves as a resource for the broader ecosystem.
- Proposals need to include a realistic outreach / engagement plan, to ensure that whatever resource is created by the project is used by its intended audience.
- The project / exchange should take place between April-June, 2018.
- Reporting: Rather than requiring bureaucratic narrative reports, fellowships must produce a “how we did it” or “what we learned” commentary. The format for this commentary will be determined by the nature of each individual exchange project, in consultation with the Code for All Exchange Manager, but could include blog posts or a case study, or a video or presentation or the release of new open source code for a corresponding tool.
- Contact Code for All partners to form the project proposal.
- Fill the application form by 23:59 GMT, 1st April 2018.
- The decision will be announced at 11th April.
How to find other partners?
- I want to replicate/scale my project, or but I don’t know partners in other countries.
- I’d like to learn from other Code for organizations and I can provide skills and co-create project with them.
- We’d like to be the host organization and invite people with skills/experience on certain topics to work on our project, how do I find them?
- I have a great project idea and I want find partners who’d like to make it happen with me!
Please shortly describe your project, highlight how you want to scale it or replicate it and elaborate on how will a face-to-face interaction benefit the collaboration? Please put that information on Code for All’s Slack #projectexchange channel, so others can read about your project.
- I’m individual, I want to work on my project with other people internationally, because I want replicate, or I want to cover other data geographies …
- We’re Code for xxxx, we’d like to host an exchange program in our organization which locate in (city, country) during 2018 (Feb to May) to work on (our project)…
Then please write on the Slack.
Information put on the Slack should be reacted upon by Collaboration Manager (@Bogdan).
For other questions regarding Exchange Program, please contact Exchange Manager for further information.
Exchange Manager| Aiya Hsu
Code for All’s Slack @Aiya | email@example.com